Getting started with the Vivint Smart Hub in your Greenville smart home
At the heart of your home’s security, the Vivint Smart Hub connects your cameras, locks, thermostats, and security sensors into a single unified system. This easy-to-operate, 7-inch color touchscreen places you in full command of your Greenville home’s automation and security. Get a better idea of what it can do and find tips to get you started.
What can the Vivint Smart Hub in Greenville do for you?
Wirelessly linking to sensors and other implements through radio wave signals and the Z-wave communications protocol, the Vivint Smart Hub is the central command interface for your home. You can arm or disarm your system, program lights, set the temperature, and more. If adding a doorbell camera, you may even talk to visitors standing at your door. The Vivint Smart Hub includes cellular functionality and a backup battery to ensure reliable performance. It also provides convenient remote operability through the Vivint smartphone app.
Here are some of the functions you can perform:
- View current or recorded video streams from all integrated cameras
- Arm or disarm your home security
- Turn lights on or off
- Operate your garage door
- Adjust your home comfort settings
- Communicate directly to monitoring agents
You can enhance convenience even more with your Vivint Smart Hub in Greenville by setting schedules or creating preferences. For instance, you can have your smart thermostat adjust automatically nightly at a certain time. Or, you can incorporate rules like having your entrances unlock whenever the smoke detector goes off.
Quick guide to arming and disarming your security system
Before you delve into all the amazing things your Vivint Smart Hub can perform, you’ll need to understand how to arm and disarm your system. It’s straightforward - just follow these steps:
- Touch the shield icon on the home screen and slide to the left for “Stay” and right for “Away.”
- Stay means you will be inside your home and arms all sensors excluding interior doors and motion detectors.
- Away signifies you will be gone, and all sensors in your home will activate.
- To disarm, simply slide down the shield icon and enter your PIN.
You’ll observe a message if something is blocking the system from arming. To illustrate, an open window or door will cue you to act. It’s worth noting that you can still arm the system by following the above steps. You will then confirm you want to bypass the sensor that isn’t ready.
Adding users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Greenville
Despite the fact that multiple users can be entered during the initial installation, you may want to add or remove a user down the road. Here are instructions to do so.
- Touch the menu icon (three dots) on the bottom right-hand side of the welcome screen.
- Press “Users” and input your PIN.
- Touch “Add new user” toward the bottom.
- Select “Name,” enter the user’s name, and hit the Next button.
- If you would like to provide the user remote capability, tap phone or email and submit the details to dispatch an invite.
- Hit Next and then enter a PIN for the added user.
- To delete a user, navigate to the menu, press users, select the user you would like to remove, and then tap “Delete User.”
Secure and automate your home with Vivint
Would you like to take command of your home’s security and automation through an intuitive touchscreen interface? You’ll love the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Greenville smart home. Dial (252) 648-6502 to speak with a helpful Vivint agent.